12.12.2006

Soup AND Salad? Oh, boy!

Last night, Floyd called to inform me that he was having dinner at a soup and salad place in San Diego. I was so jealous because I love soup and salad buffets (or just about any buffet for that matter. Hey, I’m from the South!).

During the five years we hung out in D.C., Floyd and I always complained that there weren’t any soup and salad places in the area. You know, the kind where you get a choice of several soups, different breads for dipping, a huge selection of salad toppings and of course, soft serve… Oh, so good and in theory, healthy.

When I get home I know that the second place I hit, after the annual holiday trip to The Varsity, is the soup and salad place in my neighborhood.

1 comment:

Hippo Q. said...

I just wanted to note that I did in fact eat at a soup and salad buffet while in Atlanta. It was great and my mom enjoyed it too.

The Varsity was typically greasy, crowded, and good.