2.16.2007

Talk is Cheap

I've been preaching environmental values for as long as I canremember. Yet, only at the age of 24, did I start thinking seriouslyabout buying organic and locally grown foods that are good for the environment and support my community. Only recently (during the past year) have I even been able to "afford" and have access to such foodstuff. I've already started buying organic apples and bananas, and I hope to venture further into the world of organic and locally grown foodstuff during the upcoming months.

I always believed that there's no point in having convictions if you don't live (and die...) by them. So now that I'm older and have incorporated the eco-basics of recycling and saving energy into my lifestyle, it's time for me to take my environmental convictions to the next level. No, I'm not going to join ALF/ELF but I will buy more organic foodstuff. It will be one small step in the right direction.

No comments: