8.06.2009

Glass half-full

I've been complaining all week about how I'm having to hold down the fort at work. My boss is off the grid for two weeks and despite the fact that it is recess, folks still need information. It has been unbelievably stressful and overwhelming.

Now that today's big event is over, I feel that I can relax enough to realize how much of an amazing and awesome opportunity holding down the fort actually is. If nothing else, my name is on the radar of a few key people and I am getting essential practice in dealing with staffers, the Member, and outside parties. Plus, I know now that I can step it up.

Don't get me wrong, I can't wait for my boss to return and release me from all of the sensitive and annoying requests and decisions which have led to sleepless nights and probably a gray hair or two. But I value what I've experienced in the last few days and all that I will learn and do during the final week that I'm virtually on my own.

No comments: