11.14.2006

Worst Long Weekend Ever!

I was sick all Veterans’ Day weekend, and it sucked. I first started feeling bad on Thursday and it just got worse until today. I was totally looking forward to a great weekend of activities with my out of town guest, but nope, I spent the whole weekend barely eating, sleeping and just feeling miserable.

I finally went to a doctor on Monday and she was a quack. I had to laugh while watching the old lady fumble with the thermometer/blood pressure gauge. She had me put the thermometer in my mouth and then she pressed a button. But, instead of the equipment measuring my temperature, it started to inflate the arm (blood pressure measurement) device. Then she proceeded to poke and prod me and think aloud about my diagnoses (with my eager suggestions, of course)…Mono…Sinus Infection…Tonsillitis…Migraines…82-hour bug?

It is unfortunate that the healthcare system has become this horrid for average folks like me. I miss the pill-pushing student health and the huge university medical complex that I once called my own. Those were the days…

I think I need to go to medical school and learn all about human health and disease just so I can diagnose and treat myself without having to wait for two hours to see an inept medical practitioner.

No comments: