6.12.2007

Can I puh-lease schedule an appointment?

I'm still hopeful that I'll be able to make an appointment to see a skilled doctor within the next week.

After an experience with a quack in Wheaton and a quack in Silver Spring, I've given up taking chances with just any doctor listed in the insurance provider directory. I attempted to schedule an appointment with the doctor's group I used to go to when in college. Unfortunately, the doctor's offices that I've called are either 1) not accepting new patients (I've been classified as a new patient since it's been more than 3 years since my last visit) or 2) the earliest appointment they can give me is July 13.

So, I'm relegated to randomly picking a doctor from the insurance provider directory or waiting until mid-July and hoping my symptoms don't get worse. Or I could just go to the hospital and face a crazy bill but have my symptoms addressed by, hopefully, a skilled doctor (though probably after a 3 hour wait).

I don't understand why it is so hard to find a reputable doctor and make a timely appointment.

The U.S. healthcare system truly makes no sense.

No comments: