1.26.2007

Destination: Mexico

One of my goals for 2007 is to save up enough money to have a
leisurely trip with Floyd to Texas and Mexico. So far, I don't have
much saved, but I figure that by my August departure date, I'll be
fully funded.

I haven't been to Mexico since I was a kid, and even then, I hung out
with my parents at some sort of resort hotel full of Americans that
didn't afford real cultural exchange. So for this trip, I am counting
on Floyd, my proud Mexican-American guide, to show me the "real"
Mexico, its people, cuisine, customs, and environs. Unfortunately, I
still haven't mastered the Spanish language…though I do know a few
curse words thanks to Floyd. But, I think the trip will be a great
experience and give me a taste of the international travel I crave.

No comments: