4.26.2007

First day of PT work

Today was my first day of work at the neighborhood gym. I spent a few hours filling out paperwork and getting trained on the basics of being a front desk attendant. The job seems pretty straightforward with a couple more challenging tasks that I’ll have to figure out. Right now, I’m booked to work all weekend in order to learn my position. This will definitely limit my time to take fitness classes, but as I have no plans this weekend, it’s fine with me. I’m aiming to work just Friday-Sunday for a few hours each day. I really think that it will be manageable and although I’ll have less after work time for reading, watching TV, and attending social events, I still have the beginning of the week and late night to get my drink on and chill.

The people that I’m working with are mostly around my age and in there 20s and 30s. The only odd thing is that there is a distinct separation by sex between the front desk attendants (all women) and the sales staff (all men). But whatever, I’m not interested or good at sales. I’ll stick to greeting folks with a smile and dealing with member complaints.

All is well.

No comments: