9.29.2008

College Reunion

On Saturday, I attended my 5-year college reunion party. I had a good time, though I only knew a handful of the folks in the crowd. But it was good to reconnect with the few old dormmates and classmates I remember. It is so odd to think that 5 years have passed since college. A few of my old friends are married and have moved away. I don't know what I have to report in regards to my five years. I'm older and wiser, but I haven't quite achieved all that I set out to do five year ago. I'm very happy that I decided to give the Hill a try, but I wonder how this choice is impeding my other key goals of experiencing other cities and countries sooner rather than later.

I think the weirdness of my college reunion foreshadows the weirdness of my upcoming 10-year high school reunion. Fortunately, for the high school one, I'll remember a greater percentage of my classmates. There are a few people in particular that I can't wait to see again—given that they seem to have dropped off the map. I'm certain that I won't be married by next fall, so as I did at all my high school dances, I'll probably drag along a friend from the Co'98.

Of course, I want to make an appearance in an awesome outfit to let folks know that I'm still around and on the "right" track. Most importantly, I want to see how folks have changed since high school, i.e., who got married/divorce, has kids, got plastic surgery, gained/lost 100 pounds, came out of the closet, etc. It should be entertaining, and very awesome to toast, with my old lunch crew, to another 10 years of "finding ourselves" and following our dreams.

No comments: