12.31.2007

Farewell 2007

I'm back in D.C. after a nice stay in ATL. I really enjoyed being at home. It was very relaxing and I think I spent most of the time eating or watching TV. The highlight of my stay was playing Scrabble with my family, seeing Enchanted with my mom, and catching up with my high school friends. I look forward to going home in February for my mom and aunt's 60th birthday and taking the full week to explore downtown and my old 'hood.

I can't believe that 2007 will be over in just a few more hours. 2007 was both the best and worst year of my life. I had so much fun spending time with old and new friends and pursuing and achieving personal goals. But, I had a hard time adjusting to life without Floyd, with a job that has increasingly become less enjoyable (time for a change!), and with the mistake/lesson learned that was Mr. Rebound.

I'm very optimistic that 2008 will be a great year. I will avoid the love/lust mistakes I made this year in favor of living up what I hope will be my final year in D.C. In particular, here are a few of my goals for 2008:

  1. Finalize the Peace Corps application process and go! I need to get serious with the application. I can't keep telling folks that I'm going to the Peace Corps next fall, if I haven't applied…
  2. Fitness: I want to ramp up my fitness routine in 2008. I know that my fitness level has improved since I joined the gym but I want to go even further in increasing my endurance, strength, and flexibility.
  3. Explore/Revisit: I have a ton of "bright ideas" of things I want to do to celebrate my last year in D.C. I've already drafted A-M, G.F.A., and other friends to come along and I hope that, together, we can check a few locales off my list. For example, I want to tour the White House, Washington Monument and Senate. I also want to head back to NYC, Philly and AC before I go.

So here's to a very memorable year, and I hope that 2008 is even better.

Happy New Year Everyone!

No comments: