1.28.2009

Last Week

I have only a few more days at my current job. I feel so unbelievably swamped and stressed about finalizing projects and tasks before I depart. My supervisor still hasn’t hired a replacement for my colleague who left in early January. So now she has two positions to fill ASAP. In the meantime, I can only hope that the system that took so long to establish and tweak doesn’t fail.

I am looking forward to my new position and office, and I feel so fortunate for this new opportunity to learn and grow. Of course, I am nervous about adjusting to my new tasks, routine and coworkers. Yet, I invite the challenge and the opportunity of dealing with the sort of issues I care about most. I am particularly excited about my new boss, who seems like someone I can learn a lot from.

I sense that I won’t have a life starting on Monday, as my office has a very full agenda. I guess I better live it up this weekend--though I'll probably spend it reading back issues of CQ and CRS reports in order to prepare.

No comments: