4.13.2009

Birthday Party Planning

I want to do something different for my birthday this year. Right now, I’m thinking about a picnic on the Mall or a Ledo’s pizza party.

Picnic on the Mall
I love picnics and I love the Mall. That’s why it would be perfect to spend a warm spring day under the shade of the trees in front of the National Gallery. I’d ask friends to bring fruit, veggies, hummus, sandwiches, salad, etc to leisurely eat while sipping on contraband wine. We could play Frisbee, fly kites, or throw around a random beach ball. It would be very low-keyed and focused mostly on celebrating the warm weather. The main problems would be transporting everything to the Mall, the fact that pollen isn't my friend, and the threat of spring showers.

Ledo’s Pizza Party
I love Ledo’s, and I think it woud be the perfect location for an old-fashioned pizza party, with hats, horns, goody bags, and ice cream cake. It would bring out the kid in all of us and give me an excuse to pig out on pizza and beer. The ultimate party would be to bring a few Ledo's pizza pies and a cake into Rocket Bar. Although the place isn’t great for chatting (too loud), we could easily spend hours playing all the board games and other games offered. The only problem is that I don't know if the Ledo's Chinatown location will be open in time.

So those are my option. I still have time to figure out the logistics, and most importantly, which option would be best for bring together my different groups of friends.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Let's do both!!!

Cathy said...

I prefer Pizza party.. and a huge pizza would be great.. A homemade pizza and as big as the small round table.. That would be amazing...

Greeting Card Printing said...

It never hurts to bring a picnic umbrella. You won't have to worry about the spring showers, plus if it gets too hot you have an instant shade :)