9.12.2007

All My Ex's Live In Texas

Floyd and I still aren't on the best of terms, yet we are both toying with the idea of me visiting him. Initially, I had planned to visit this summer for the Harry Potter book and movie releases, but I decided to book a trip to Paris instead. And then, came along all the Mr. Rebound drama…

But, I would still like to see him and I know he wants to see me too. So, perhaps, this fall, this winter or even next spring, I'll finally make my way down to San Antonio. I haven't been to San Antonio since I visited him in college, and I already have a few things in mind for the trip:

  • Luby's
    Fine, I'll admit it. Luby's is better than the Morrison's Cafeteria I remember from my childhood and the Piccadilly Cafeteria I can visit in ATL now.
  • Pico de Gallo & Mariachi
    Shrimp nachos, crispy tacos, and beautifully seasoned burgers--oh my! I always enjoyed this Tex-Mex restaurant during my visits because of the amazing food, family/local atmosphere and live mariachi music.
  • Cowboy boot shopping
    Ever since I saw a female UT football fan wearing a cute pair of brown cowboy boots, I decided that I must add a pair to my own shoe collection. It would also be nice to have a pair of really nice, "special occasion" red, blue, or black cowboy boots.
  • River Walk, the Alamo, etc
    No trip to San Antonio can be without these historic and touristy destinations.

Hopefully, this entry will convince Floyd (and myself) that I should visit. I know it is probably the worse idea given all that has passed, but I am sincerely excited for the opportunity to experience his hometown again.

No comments: