6.17.2008

We like you, but not enough to be our new roommie

Yeah, so I got a call late last night from the all-girls house. The girl that I thought I had totally cliqued with called to let me know that I had not been selected as a roommate. She really liked me, the roommates were torn between the other girl and me, I wasn't chosen, good luck, blah, blah.

I thought I had that place in the bag. Actually, I was worried that they would render a verdict on me before I had been given a chance with the nice shared house up the road.

It's so funny to read my entry from Sunday night. I was so hopeful and happy. The whole world seemed to be smiling at me. But now, I've been thrown a left curve and I'm reminded of the precariousness of my housing search—the precariousness of life.

And, that is life. Over the past few years, I've experienced its rollercoaster of thrills and woe. I do feel that I am in a better place now to make the best of whatever I am given. But, last night's news keep me tossing and turning all night. I have less than two weeks to find a place. If the nice, shared house up the road doesn't pick me, I'll be screwed. There doesn't seem to be much out right now and I may have to accept whatever comes my way (within reason).

No comments: