5.16.2007

Hump Day!

Last night, I celebrated L-M's 29th birthday with dinner and drinks. I had a really great time, though I got home way past my bedtime.

I'm looking forward to the weekend. But I can't quite decide what I want to do on Saturday before and after my part-time work shift. My options include volunteering at Food & Friends, seeing Let's French at the Black Cat, socializing at L-M's house, or stay home for a TV watching & junk food eating marathon. I really don't know what I should do. I want to take it easy this weekend but I also don't want to let a great opportunity to listen to live music and hang with friends pass me by.

I guess my indecision about my weekend links to my general blah-ness about work and everything else in my life. I think that I'm in need of a change—a vacation, a new friend, a new job, a new apartment, a new "look," a new outfit...

Perhaps, restless Floyd has been a bad influence in this regard, but I think, mostly, he opened my eyes to the importance of being content with your life. I only get one go-round, so I shouldn't spend my life unsatisfied and blah-ish.

Like Thoreau, "I [wish] to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived."

Carpe diem

No comments: