8.14.2007

Speed Dating in D.C.

Tonight, I'm off to my ever first speed dating event.

It's something that I've always wanted to try, though I'm totally expecting a room full of 35-40 year old women looking to have kids ASAP and beer-bellied, middle-age men.

A friend of mine (who stopped frequenting Professionals in the City speed dating nights when she started getting recognized by the organizer...) warned that there would probably be a number of guys in attendance who give off "the dudgeons and dragons vibe" and who still live in their parent's basement. But that would be fine with me as my main purpose of going is to see what sort of guys are out there. I doubt that I'll meet Mr. Right tonight but hopefully I'll make a few new friends and leave with a great story to share.

No comments: