8.08.2007

“You’re just a bag full of drama”

I think that I've reached another major milestone in my life.  It was quite a feat to drive my significant other, Floyd, nearly 1400 miles away (with no promise of returning).  But now, I can add to that a real achievement – my first experience with a guy who falls off the face of the earth.

It is only fair that I get this opportunity to poke fun at myself and make light of my struggling love life.  Floyd noted that although he wasn't running away from me when he left D.C. last fall, it is quite likely that "Mr. Rebound, like any other keen jerk, would realize that I was just a bag full of drama and get out after the good time is had."  (Paraphrased, of course, but gosh, sage-Floyd can really be blunt.)

It's true.  I have been a bag full of drama ever since Floyd left.  And now that my rendezvous with Mr. Rebound has come to a screeching halt, I think I have not less but more drama in my life.  It is unfortunate that my drama has driven away a guy I fancied (though was he really worthy, if a squeamish pleasure-seeker?).  I wonder what other potential Mr. Right(s) my drama will drive away…

So once again, I have to reiterate the importance of finding myself and becoming a better me—thereby, reducing current drama and decreasing the likelihood of future drama.  Only then, will I have the better chance of experiencing a rendezvous that lasts.

No comments: