8.24.2007

Viernes? Viernes!

I'm so happy that it is Friday.  The past week has been unexpectedly busy during and after work.  I decided to forgo another Saturday volunteer opportunity this weekend in order to double-up on fitness classes.  I really need to resume my fitness schedule and workout at least three times a week.  Lately, I've opted to stay in and eat and watch TV instead of walking the .5 block to the fitness center.  Before long, I'll just become a huge blob of fat--nixing all the progress I've made during the past few months to tone my body.  That will all change next week.  I have no happy hours or meetings to attend after work so I have no excuse to not go to the gym everyday.

I've decided to get more involved in the Young Alumni Association.  At this week's planning meeting, I volunteered to plan an upcoming happy hour. Yay, me!  I'm hoping that my involvement will connect me with cool alum that I can learn from and drink with.  My freshman year roommate's friend was at the meeting.  It was nice to see her but I quickly remembered why I was never fond of her.

On tap this weekend: A trip to the library, Gifford's, and lots of time to daydream and focus on my novel's storyline. 

No comments: