3.12.2008

"Let's get Physical[s]"

I got a physical today. I'm quite sure that the doctor didn't do everything listed in the Peace Corps medical packet, but I'm not worried because I'll be back in two weeks for a follow-up visit.

The doctor wants to temporarily put me on some asthma medications to see if my minor wheezing can be alleviated. I had asthma when I was a child and I guess, I have chronic problems with wheezing and shortness of breath. It mainly affects me when exercising in cold weather and during the allergy season (when I'm already dealing with irritation and the excess mucus associated with irritation), but I've learned to deal with it.

I'm not happy that I'll have to take two types of asthma medication during the next two weeks (and possibly longer). I just stopped taking BC to avoid manipulating my hormones, among other reasons. But now, I'm attacking my lungs with chemicals.

I haven't had a physical since I before I left for college so who knows what conditions will be unearthed. I know that my weight and blood pressure are fine, but how will my cholesterol levels fair? I'll find out in 2 weeks, when (hopefully) my medical packet will be completed and I'm given a doctor's "O.K." to serve.

No comments: