11.22.2007

Happy Thanksgiving 2007

Wow, another year is almost over. Time really flew, and I have so much for which to be thankful. Mainly, I'm thankful for my family and friends and all the new experiences I've had over the past year.

Friends & Family: I don't know how I would have gotten through the ups and downs of this year without my family and friends.

I have so many amazing memories with my buddies, particularly A-M, L-M, GFA, Organica, Chatty Chica, and Shimmy-Shimmy and the rest of GLOG, among others. I've danced, drunk, eaten, shopped and gabbed for hours and hours with them. A special thanks goes to those who lent an ear during my Floyd and Mr. Rebound drama; a special thanks to Floyd for being Floyd.

Of course, I've enjoyed having the unconditional support of my mom and the rest of my family. I know that despite all the crazy and not-so crazy things I did this year, I can always go home to Atlanta and be welcomed with open arms.

New Experiences: One of my mantras this year was to "say yes whenever possible." This enabled me to become more active in the community, meet new people, and have a blast exploring d.c. bars and restaurants. I remember being less inclined to do stuff when Floyd was around. But now, I'm in control of my own schedule and I don't have to consult with a significant other. Of course, I miss P&C time but I love, I relish, and I'm thankful for my freedom and my Me-Time.

This year, I truly sought to live by my favorite quote from Walden and "suck all the marrow out of life." And I think I experienced more this year than I've experienced during most of the years of my life--a major feat. I hope to continue this course of exploration and exposure in 2008.

No comments: