11.04.2007

November at last!

As I sit here at home sipping a tumbler-full of Champagne (a leftover mini-bottle from when Floyd moved into his DC apartment years ago), I want to acknowledge the achievements of another month gone by.

I'm glad that I kept myself busy in October with a heck of a lot of extracurricular activities and a full plate at work. Here, here, Hippo Q.:

  • Way to get the big project off the ground and not lose your head when your work tasks kept piling up.
  • Way to go complete and submit a story to the writer's group and bravely take their critique.
  • Way to experience a lot of new things, meet new friends and reconnect with old ones.
  • Way to put more reflection and space between your current life and your crazed life this summer. As always it was real, but c'est la vie. I'm the neither first nor the last to experience what I did.

I think that I will celebrate the end of every month from now on with a toast to my accomplishments. But, I guess that means that I have to actually accomplish something each month. My goals for November are solid bar action, completing my Peace Corps application essays, baking a pumpkin pie with A-M, and getting a bit more legislative exposure at work.

No comments: