5.12.2008

McDonald's: Free Food!

McDonalds is at it again. This Thursday, May 15, McDonald’s is offering free southern style chicken sandwiches/biscuits with the purchase of any medium or large drink. So you have a choice between a breakfast chicken biscuit or lunch/dinner chicken sandwich.

It’s obviously an attempt on the part of McD’s to compete with Chick-fil-a. It’s so odd that McD’s is doing this now as I remember them promoting the chicken biscuits/sandwiches back when I was a child. I guess Chick-fil-a is a larger chain now (and therefore a competitor with McD’s in places beyond the deep south) and folks are interested in branching away from red meat.

I know that McD’s can’t do it better than the originator. McD’s chicken biscuit is nothing like Chick-fil-a’s biscuit nor their sandwich. Chick-fil-a will remain the “special occasion” stop it was when I was a child.

But then, I’m not the type to shun free food. So, of course, I’ll be in line on Thursday for a free breakfast and a free dinner sandwich.

No comments: