5.04.2008

Sunday Ramblings

Things are really looking up these days. Perhaps, it's just the warmer weather and the constant singing of the birds in the courtyard (even at 2 am! Poor birdies!). But, I'm feeling very positive about the way things are going. We'll see how long it takes before the "newness" of my Hill job and routine wears off. But for now, all is well.

I hope to work a big Cinco de Mayo event tomorrow. I've been advised to volunteer for as many things as (outside of my normal duties) as possible to increase visibility and to be seen as a team player. I also plan on introducing (and reintroducing) myself to all the Big Wigs so that (eventually) they know who I am.

I went to lunch with a coworker on Friday and she filled me in on all the gossip and back story of my coworkers. I definitely will steer clear of any drama but I want to know exactly what sort of environment I'm stepping into.

One of my goals for this month is to join as many staff associations as possible. I need to meet more people--particularly women on the Hill. Floyd's friends are mainly guys and I feel odd relying on them to show me the ropes.

My birthday is in a few days. It's amazing that I'll be turning 27--only a few more years until the dreaded 3-0. I have no idea where the past year has gone. But it has been a good year. Not everything I did or that happened was marvelous but I can think of so many more good times than bad.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

so glad to hear things are going well with you. you're going to have a lot to be proud of come thursday :)