7.18.2007

A Conglomeration of Thoughts

Harry Potter Madness

There are just a few more days until the last Harry Potter book is released.  Floyd ordered a copy for my birthday so I'm all set.  Unfortunately, I'm going camping this weekend, so I won't be able to start reading the book until Sunday evening.  I'm still debating whether I should pull an all-nighter to finish the book or leisurely space it out over a few days.  My fear is that if I don't read it Sunday night I might be confronted with a spoiler from the media or evil-doer on the metro.  I have a feeling that once I start reading the book that I won't be able to put it down, but I would hate to not get the full dramatic effect because my eyes and brain shut down after midnight.  So, I'll just have to wait and see.

Lunch Bunch Camping

I'm quite nervous about going camping with my coworkers as I haven't gone camping since I was a Girl Scout.  Plus, I fear almost dying from an insect bite like in that article I read in July's Glamour.  It totally could happen.  And I'm afraid of food poisoning (No offense folks, but I might just avoid the "cooked" meat).  After a bit of pleading, the food planning committee agreed to buy carrots.  Otherwise, I'll have to bring my own veggies to eat.  After having so many bread and meat heavy meals in Paris, I've been craving more veggies lately.  Plus, veggies will help me live long.

Paris, France

I finally got the photos from Paris off my mother's camera.  So, the next step is to loaded them on the web and post a few on this blog.  To maintain my relative anonymity, I won't post any pictures with close-ups of my face or of my mom.  You'll probably only get landscape shots and other random photos I took of half my face and a building.

Riding the jerking D.C. Metro this morning made me long for the Paris Metro.  Before I left, a coworker noted that the Paris Metro trains ride much smoother than the D.C. Metro and I totally didn't believe her.  But, she was right.  I think it is attributable to the fact that the Paris metro uses normal tires plus train tracks for the rides.  As a result, the ride is smoother and at times, it feels as if you are floating through the tunnels.

No comments: