10.26.2006

DAMFest 2006

I plan to head out to the Velvet Lounge for the District's Awake! Music Festival tomorrow. Olivia Mancini and the Housemates, Let's French, Nunchucks, and The English Department are playing (I have no idea who any of those groups are but this article should give you a bit more background).

It should be fun...and loud.

The last concert I attended was for Celia Cruz (about a year before she died). She was great and I boogied with my ex, Floyd, all night long. That was my second concert ever, the first being the...Four Tops...with my mom. Yes, I know I’m lame, but growing up there weren’t many groups that I could go see (e.g., the favorites of my teen years included Nirvana, Hendrix, and Marvin Gaye…exactly, now how could I go see those groups?).

I’ll let you know how it goes.

No comments: