4.24.2008

Will you sign my yearbook?

I'm starting to get this odd feeling. It's the same one I had during the final days of my senior year of high school. Back then, it marked of the end of an era--the end of my life as a child and the beginning of my life as an adult. It's the same feeling I have now. I'm ending this two year transitional period that I spent between school and one of the most challenging experiences of my life. No, I'm not referring to the Hill, though that should be a very meaningful experience. I'm talking about the Peace Corps. The move to the Hill puts me one step closer to the Peace Corps, and signals that my plan is on track (My plan is to spend my last year in DC doing everything I wanted but hadn't had the chance to do).

Tomorrow is my last day of work and I'm both excited and sad. I work with some of the most amazing people that I've ever known, and I've made some really great friends (I heart the Lunch Bunch!). I hope to find such sincere, passionate people at my future jobs. It's so odd how fate throws people together for such a short timespan. I can only hope that I've learned and experienced all that I was supposed to. I think I have.

I hope that I can keep in touch with the Lunch Bunch, even if it's just a random holiday card or an email about a new baby or job.

So one more day and it will be over. I'm so excited, yet so very sad.

No comments: